Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Another New Year's resolution to post more

Here we are again... I haven't posted a picture in two years which was when I changed jobs and I am changing jobs again. I think I see a pattern here...

My hope this holiday season is to get somewhat caught up. Right now I am 4 chronological years behind. I still continue to take pictures but posting them is where I struggle. As mentioned before when I started posting to my blog again in December of 2016, I could move to Instagram, post just the pictures, and do this more quickly but I love the blog format. In this post from 2016 I talked about school and work so I thought I'd post a quick update about all of that.

I graduated in May with a Master’s in Public Health from the University of South Florida. My program, which was all online, was a good fit as an adult learner. My part-time work with Action Research has been wonderful, allowing me to still be in a professional environment while a student. This year I also spent countless hours volunteering for groups I love like the Social Marketing Association of North America and New Dream. It makes me feel humbled and privileged to do so.

I alluded to the change of job...I have accepted a full-time position with the Center for Biological Diversity in their population and sustainability division. My role with them will allow me to use my 20-years of environmental experience, along with my new public health degree. I will be focused on the issue of population growth, resource consumption and its impact on wildlife habitat. I am not sure if I will travel with this position but rest-assured the water tower pictures will continue.

No comments: