Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I am still taking water tower pictures

Hello to the 2 people (my Mom and Owen) that might actually still read this blog. :) I just want to tell the world (and what's a better way than a blog post) that I am still taking water tower pictures on my travels.

I still love to look at them from afar and close-up. I love to hunt them down (they can be sneaky going in and out of sight). I love the back roads we take to find them. I love finding water towers with new coworkers or friends.

The number of water tower pictures I have now is over 3,500. I have 389 pictures in my "Need to post" file alone. That might be because I didn't post at all in 2015 or 2016 and when I did post in 2014 I was posting pictures from 2013.

You might ask why it takes me so long to post a picture .... I want to highlight the water tower from multiple angles, tell a little about the town it was found in or the company that it is (or was) a part of and give a little story about why I was there in the first place. This is part of my love of hunting water towers! My life can now be chronicled via water towers.

I could start an Instagram account and just post the pictures - but for me, a true lover of water towers, to do the tower justice in solidifying it's place in history on this blog I want to tell a little story too.

I started taking water tower pictures in 2005. So that means in 2015 I had been doing this for 10 years (duh and wow!). There isn't much I have stuck with for over 10 years. 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2016 were lean posting years - school and work are always common excuses. As I said though, I have pictures from those years, I just need to get them up for the world to see:) In fact, I have some beautiful international water towers to post...some local to DC and VA...historic ones...new ones...those given to me via their travels...all waiting to be shown off.

So with a new year, comes a new resolution - I will post to my blog. I will get it up to date. I will begin planning the next phase of my water tower obsession.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Hurrah! I often think of you when I see unique water towers. I have always found them fascinating, and being from the Midwest, they were easy to spot and often landmarks. In my work today, I spend a lot of time on back roads and always enjoy spotting a water tower. I remember when we first met and you told me about this hobby and I thought it was awesome- so I am thrilled to travel with you again via your blog!

Latoya said...

Think you should start an Instagram account too! With all those pics, you have a post a day for almost 10 years! :)

Kelley Dennings said...

Thanks Renee! Miss traveling with you too. I can barely keep up with my current social media Latoya much less add in something else:)

Jeanette said...

I think of you whenever we see a water tower somewhere, whether near home or on vacation. :) Hillsborough, NC got a new one a few years ago, right beside I-40, light blue.