Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Work Trip (AFF) - One of a few western state towers I have, Salt Lake City, UT - October 2014

The Society of American Foresters conference was held in Salt Lake City, UT in 2014. I had never been there or really to that part of the country much. It was beautiful! We went in October when all the aspen trees were yellow. I was fortunate to go a day early to do one of the conference field trips.


However, the water towers I found were in downtown Salt Lake City. Cool old ones on the top of historic buildings. I went with a friend, Brian, from the North Carolina Tree Farm program to hunt them!

Salt Lake Hardware Building with mountains

Salt Lake Hardware Building
One thing that struck me about Salt Lake City was the large homeless population which we encountered while looking for towers. I heard the generosity of the Mormon community supports them so there are a number of shelters.



No comments: