Monday, January 21, 2019

RV trip to my sisters - Part 1 - South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama - December 2014

This is going to be a 3 part post.

Owen and I drove from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA where we picked up an RV and then drove on to West Monroe, LA to see my sister and her family. See our route here. As you will see from the pictures it RAINED the whole time.

I didn't take any pictures in VA or NC. I have so many from NC already which you can peruse on this blog. So the pictures start in SC. The small town of McBee, SC had 3 water towers. One for the town, one for a rural water district and one for the AO Smith Water Heater plant (unfortunately the pic didn't come out well). It has a population of 867 people! As we drive the back roads looking for water towers I always wonder, what do people do in these small towns for a living? Is the large rural water tower for agriculture? If anyone knows, please comment. Also, I tried to figure out what the graphic on the Camden, SC water tower is and couldn't figure it out. If anyone knows, please comment.

McBee, SC 
Alligator Rural Water, McBee, SC 



Bethune, SC

Camden, SC.

No comments: