Friday, August 01, 2014

Work Trip - Kokomo, IN - February 2013

You know the Beach Boys song, Take me down to Kokomo . . . Well I sung that song in my head for about 3 months while planning this trip. I am of course posting this over a year later but at least I am finally getting it up. When I was at Keep America Beautiful I coordinated a school recycling competition and then every spring we would do a number of award ceremonies. Our 2012 competition winner was in Kokomo IN so I had the pleasure of going there in February of 2013. There were a couple of water towers in the town as you can see below. One was only a couple of blocks from the school where we held the ceremony.

Near the school

The downtown

The "outskirts"

All the dignitaries
The official award ceremony pic
Our entertainment - David Chicken - who has a recycling song the kids love

Cute kids recycling. This always goes over well.

No comments: