Sunday, January 01, 2012

Work Trip #44 - Plastic Bottle Ban event and PLT workshop - Wilksboro, NC - 9/45-25/09

So it's been another 6 months since I updated my blog again. But rest assured I am still taking watertower pictures and I still have old pictures to upload. So I am continuing to post pictures from 2009 when I was working for NC DENR and got to travel all over NC.

My trip to Wilksboro, NC was part of my plastic bottle landfill ban tour and also part of my Project Learning Tree partnership. Wilksboro is split into North Wilksboro and Wilksboro. Below is the watertower in North Wilksboro. The trip to and from Wilksboro was fun. I went through some pretty remote parts - one of the only times my Verizon phone lost service. A not so remote part was Iredell County. I took a picture of one of their watertowers along the way. Their most popular watertower can be found along I-40. Interestingly, I took that photo on work trip #4.





No comments: