Monday, August 07, 2006

Work Trip #4 - Go West - August 1-4, 2006

Iredell County. NC.

My first stop was Iredell County (Statesville) to meet with Keep Iredell Beautiful coordinator, Carla Parks. I love this water "tank"!




Morganton. NC.

Then I headed to Rutherford County to meet with their SWEEP group. I found this water tank at the intersection of 40 and 64. The building says Capri Metal Fabricators but the tank says Wamsutta Knitting Mills. What an interesting story about Wamsutta. Read this link for more interesting stuff.


While in Rutherfordton I visited the Kid Senses Children's Museum there and saw how they have used the Recycle Guys campaign. Mom - Check out their web page. You would like this place.




The ultimate reason for the trip was to do a presentation about Social Marketing at the Keep America Beautiful conference in Asheville. Check out the presentation here. In the presentation, I take folks on a virtual tour of NC via water towers. While doing some research on water towers I found these cool sites -
Way Marking
Trucker Mike


Connelly Springs, NC.

On the way back to Raleigh I took this picture. I think I was in Connelly Springs?










Greensboro. NC.

I stopped in Greensboro to eat fast food on the way home and searched for this new water tower that I could see from I-40.

No comments: