Monday, January 21, 2008

Labor Day Vacation to Ocean Isle

Well, slowly but surely, I am finally getting around to putting up lots of water tower pictures from this fall. Over labor day we had the enjoyment of going to Ocean Isle for a few days. Took the whole fam - dogs, mom, etc. There are quite a few water towers in Brunswick County on the way to the beach. I have posted about a few of them before. Brunswick County was also where I got my first up-close look at a water tower being made and met my cool water tower friend that builds them.












Brunswick County. NC.

On the way to the beach.







Calabash. NC.

We always have to go to Calabash for seafood. Evidently there is a Calabash style of cooking seafood. To me it just seems fried.




Calabash. NC.

Water towers and sunsets look so nice together.





Then on the way out of town, we drove around the west side of Wilmington and took the new I-140. A nice shortcut to I-40. Along the 421/17 highway there are a number of recycling companies. One is Atlantic Scrap and they happen to have a water tank.





South Atlantic Services. Wilmington. NC.

There is a really cool tower at the I-140 interchange. I can't ever seem to get a good close-up picture (it says SAS on it) but it seems to teeter on 3 little legs.

No comments: