Sunday, January 28, 2007

Work Trip #13 - Brunswick County, January 26, 2007

Brunswick County. NC.

I headed out early (see how the sun was rising) to meet some folks in Brunswick County for a site visit and focus group discussion.


Southport. NC.

I ate lunch in Southport near the Cape Fear River. What a cute little town.















See the light house way out there? It was a beautiful day in January to be near the water. After lunch my visit got even better . . .












Ready? Do you like the suspense? Well, I was headed out of town and saw a sign for a recycling site. I took a right to go into the site and there was . . .







. . . A water tower being built right next to the recycling site.

I immediately got out of my car and started taking pictures. Then a few of the guys working on the water tower came to talk with me. I learned so much. Did you know it takes them 2 months to erect the tower? All of the material is made at a facility in IL and they ship it here where it is welded together. This tower being built with multiple legs is cheaper to build than one with just one leg (like Cary).


The guys work for Phoenix, a family owned company. They told me if I came back in a few weeks I could go up the tower. I don't think my nerves would allow me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that, if you can pay some dude poke sharp things in your eye, you can handle climbing a watertower with no problem. You could even leave some graffiti on it. Or maybe this blog's URL.

Darin

Kelley Dennings said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. What a way to market my blog!