Monday, February 25, 2008

Work Trip #21 - Shelby - September 17, 2007

Shelby. NC.

I traveled to Shelby to give a presentation to 300 Wal-Mart employees. This was a great thing for me - to be able to educate that many people at once.




Til Mar Textiles. Shelby. NC.

Shelby had a number of cool old water towers. One belonged to Til Mar Textiles which happens to be a textile recycling company.








Doran Mills. Shelby. NC.









NC Finishing Company.
Spencer. NC.

These 2 water towers are so cool looking. I drove past them on I-85 so many times but never had a chance to stop and take pictures. As you can see, I stopped just in time on this trip. They were demolishing the manufacturing facility all around them. I wanted to do some more research about this company and what they plan to do with the site, but couldn't find much. The link above is a letter to the editor about its historical significance. Considering I took these pictures in September, the water towers might have already been brought down.










From Shelby I headed to the mountains for some R&R.










Beautiful stuff!











No comments: