Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Work Trip #18 and Vacation - Tampa/St. Pete FL - June 22, 2007

Tampa. Bridge from Clearwater Beach.

I had the privilege of speaking at a Social Marketing conference in Clearwater Beach this summer. So I extended the trip slightly to include some vacation time.




I took a book with me called "Godless". It was a Christmas present from a friend. The young adult book was a fun, easy read. So what does that have to do with water towers? Well the book was about a kid that made up his own religion that worshiped the local water tower.






Saint Petersburg.

After the conference we headed to Saint Petersburg and came upon a great water tower painted in an aquatic theme. The best part - there happened to be a local recycling drop-off site below the tower. It was like the merging of 2 worlds for me.







It had great paintings. I think this might be one of my top 5 favorite towers.








You can find some more pictures from our trip here.

No comments: