Sunday, August 05, 2007

Work Trip #16 - Wingate, NC - April 19-20, 2007

In April, I took a trip southwest on Highway 1 and Highway 74 to go to Wingate and ultimately Charlotte. This was a great trip. One that I had never been on before. I think the area near Pinehurst and Southern Pines is beautiful.


Aberdeen. NC.

The first water tower I came upon was Aberdeen. The tower was right behind a "big" strip mall there.






Hoffman. NC. Richmond County.

Then I came upon these 2.5 great water towers in Hoffman. If you look closely there is a new tower that says "Richmond County", an old rusty tower and another rusty tower without a tank.





This was a great find. All of these towers were in front of the Richmond Fire and Rescue building. One of the largest buildings in Hoffman.












This tank and tower didn't really belong to any town but they were on Highway 1 south.








Then you kind of round this corner on the little 2-lane road and it opens up into a 6 lane road and you see this huge hill in front of you.

I had come upon the North Carolina Speedway
in Rockingham. It was a sight to see in the middle of nowhere. I guess it is no longer on the NASCAR circuit but is used as a testing facility.




Wadesboro. NC. Anson County.

I have been here previously but didn't get this tower picture. The last picture I got was of the Southern Piedmont Community College.






Marshville. NC.

Almost to my destination I got another picture in Marshville. The flag was at half-staff due to the VA Tech tragedy that happened on April 16.






Wingate. NC.

I arrived at Wingate University where I conducted a focus group and survey along with tableling at their Earth Day event. It was a good experience. I met lots of great students.

No comments: