Monday, May 15, 2006

The Kelley Renaissance

As I mentioned in my post on March 29th, I have changed jobs. Prior to the job change, I had slowly started "the Kelley Renaissance". It involves me not obsessing about the past and always planning for the future but trying to live more in the moment. I recommend this for everyone, although, it is a struggle for me.

Part of the Renaissance includes changing my hair style. In March I had my mom frost my tips, then I colored my hair orange and then ended up with this hair style that I really do love. An asymmetrical bob with an opposite asymmetrical mullet.

I am not sure if turning 30 caused this Renaissance or not. However, many of my friends have changed paths at this time in their life. I am extremely happy with the new direction I am going.

I have started to garden again and am taking a fused glass art class. Somehow I lost interest in these things (and lost a part of myself) over the last 3-4 years. Thanks in part to Casey, during the last 6 months, I am again striking up conversations with strangers, actively doing my yoga and taking the back road to get water tower pictures!

No comments: