Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Check out these FL towers!

These are from my buddy Darin - Not "jazzy" towers but the stories are good so they are worthy of a blog post!

Sarasota. FL.
This tower is just south of the Sarasota Bradenton Airport, and is in a place called "North Water Tower Park". It's a frisbee golf course with a water tower in it. When I went out to take the pics, the only other person around was a woman in pajamas walking her dog. She was ahead of me, and I guess I appeared to be following her into the park with a camera. I suspect that stopping to take pictures of a water tower looked pretty phony.




I affectionately call this tower the The People's Revolutionary Water Tower number 185. It's a boring monstrosity that sits off of I-75, just south of exit 213. I exited at exit 210 and found my way up to it, and noticed that it's right next to a municipal plant of some kind. By the smell, I'm guessing that it was a sewage plant. I'm trying not to think about possible connections to the water tower.






Gainsville. FL.
Here are a couple of poor pics of a water tower in Gainesville. This was in an unprosperous part of town at nightfall, so I didn't dawdle to get better pics.

No comments: